Twenty-six students of Hacettepe University Department of Information and Document Management (Turkey) concluded today a three-week training course organized online by HERMES Team from 11 to 25 March 2022.
The course, delivered by an international team of experts, aims to enhance future librarians’ technical skills and introduce them to the recent Open Access trends. It consisted in the following six sessions, all of them have been recorded and will be made available on the project youtube channel:
- Introduction to Open Access / Instructor: Orçun Madran (Hacettepe University, Turkey)
- Open Access ethic matters. Legal, national, and EU mandates / Instructor: Ibrahim Farah (Balamand University, Lebanon)
- Copyright and licences / Instructor: Donald Taylor (Simon Fraser University, Canada)
- Resource discovery. Use cases in the academic field / Instructor: Stephanie Krueger (IFLA Document Delivery and Resource Sharing Committee)
- How to get the information. Sources and Tools / Instructor: Joe Lenkart (University of Illinois, USA)
- Future directions / Instructor: Ertuğrul Çimen (MEF University, Turkey)